Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Retail Therapy - Dog Style

My moms was having a bad day at work, so she decided to leave early and go to hers favorite dog department stores called The Pet Stop.  She wanted to look for a new outfit fur me to wear to some of the big pawty events going on in BlogLand.  This store be kinda 'fru-fru',  but it has lots of dog clothes to buy and bout a million dog toys!   And they just LOVE to take my moms greenpapers there...isn't that nice?

Well, when she walked in the Pet Stop, the salesman recognized hers immediately, and thought to himself  'Oh yay! One of the dog nuts is here to drop a load of money on dog clothes and toys"    "Oh yay! One of my favorite customers!"
So moms browsed through all the latest doggie duds and dressies . After minutes and minutes and hours, the salesman decided to 'help' moms out, cuz she prolly wasn't spending her greenpapers fast enough looked all confused and concerned at this point.

SalesmanCan I help you?
Moms: Well, I'm looking for a dress today.  And since its for my dachshund, and she has short legs, it cannot have sleeves.
Salesman: (rolling eyes behinds moms back) Oh yes, I remember now. Have you seen these cute little sundresses over here?
Moms: Well..........I have looked at those already, but I need something a little more Formal.
Salesman: (more eye rolling)  Formal?  Okay. I think these over here could be considered more expensive formal
Moms: Well............I did see those, but I would really prefer something in Yellow. You see, it is for a Wedding, and the theme color is Yellow.  But I would also like to be able to wear it for a formal party that is also coming up soon.  But I may need two separate outfits for the events.....
Salesman: So your dog is going to be in a wedding???
Moms: Well.....................She is not actually in a wedding, she is going to a wedding.  But, truthfully, it is a wedding between 3 dachshund friends.  And the party is being hosted by another dog friend.
Salesman: (not speaking......just staring)
Moms: (trying to clarify this situation, but making matters worse)  Oh!  Well, she doesn't actually GO to the wedding and parties, we just all send pictures to the party host and then.....oh never mind.
Salesman: (not speaking...just staring)

At this point, my moms picks out the nearest dressie she thinks might work for me, and asks the salesman to check her out.  The Salesman gets alot of crazy doggie peoples in his store, butt my moms didn't want to win the prize for being the craziest!
 .......butt, here be the best part.....

Salesman: (afters taking moms greenpapers and bagging up my dressie)  Excuse me, but did you say...a wedding between 3 dachshunds?!?!?!?!

My moms just laughed and laughed!    It made her bad day at da office all go away.

MinnaK

21 comments:

Erin said...

hee hee hee!
~Texas

Pippen said...

Our mom says if being crazy makes a bad day go away, lets be crazy all the time! She also says that's why we are in blogland... she doesn't know anyone else near as crazy as her is so she enjoys all the other crazy dog moms and dads out there!

Can't wait to see your dress, we are sure it will be fabulous!

Sam and Pippen

Scooter said...

Hi
Glad that you gota new dress. Other people just dont understand blogland. Mom just hates tyo xplain cuz they may haul her off to the funny farm, BOL

wags
Jazzi

A MilShelb Mom said...

hahahahaha!!
~Milly and Shelby

Ruby and Penny said...

That is so fun Minna. We giggled through the whole post.
Can't wait to see you in your dress.
Love Ruby & Penny
Pees - will Lucy be coming to the wedding. It sure would be fun to have here.

Zona said...

I can only imagine the dinner conversation at the salesman's house that night. BOL!

Can't wait to see your dress!

Wags,
Zona

Remington said...

Some people just don't get it....they must not live in Blogland....

Anonymous said...

To Jazzi & Remington... would one of you please explain it to me?!!

3 doxies said...

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha...I'm okays now...hehehe! Oh dat was just da funniest thing evers. I hope dat didn't get your mom's tag number and call da Popo on account of her being crazy. I bet dat poor man thought your mom was a looney case fur sures.
But then her coulda brought up da fact dat her has a donkey too...oh dat would haves been da icing on da cake. Speaking of cake, I'll be back, I'm hungry now......................


Okays, I'm back. I go work on scrpooptures now fur da ceremony. I can't wait to sees what your mom bought.

Preacher Puddles

houndstooth said...

Bwaaaa ha ha ha! She left out the part about Puddles being the preacher! Now that would have made him forget to ask her for her green papers!

Tee hee! Maybe you should just ask Lorenza if her grandma can make you a yellow dress!

Bunny

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Oh thankyou Minna...We needed a good story to get our minds off our grooming session. We licked the 3 dachshund part...poor lady must have had all sorts of funny ideas in her head.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo
& Uncle Puppy

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH DAWG... SHE is working on the scriPOOPtures AGAIN... It'll be a SCARYmony for sure.
Minna Krebs, I saw you at Luna's Pawty.. I must say.. you look smashing in "POKEY" dots.
I don't know why... butt my mom had to leave the room. She was laughing soooo hard and screaming... PEEEEEEEEE Heck, I don't have to. I just came in.

3 doxies said...

I came back to read dis again cuz it just made my day..hehehehehe!

Preacher Puddles

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Good for your Mom - silly salesman not understanding her needs. We bet you will look gorgeous in your new outfit.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Daily Pip said...

That's funny. The same thing happened to my mom when she went to buy my bow tie and collar for Luna's pawty.

Your pal, Pip

Taffy said...

OMD! That is hilarious! Why on earth would you be a sales person in a dog boutique if you didn't know about these things? I mean really, how does he expect to help all his crazy dog moms.....um, I mean customers.
Snuggles,
Twix

Anonymous said...

BOL! Oh, my mom has the hardest time trying to explains this whole virtual doggie bloggie furend thing to peoples. They think she's cuckoo-nuts. But I thinks THEY are the ones that are ker-azy. Cuz see what they're missing out on?

I bets you will look just luverly in your new dress, Minna!

Wiggles & WAgs,
Mayzie

Wyatt said...

Hee Hee, hard to explain to the rest of the world. That's okay.....it makes pawfect sense to us!

Wyatt and Stanzie

Lorenza said...

Haaa!
I am sure your mom felt better after that!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

George The Lad said...

We all know your mom's not nutty. I bet your dress is lovely. Mom had the same thing happen to her, when she went into a shop for a bow tie for the wedding, she could have just brought it and walked out, O no she said its for the dog he's going to a wedding, mom say's the mans face was a picture. Made her laugh.
See Yea George xxx

Sargeant said...

BOL BOL BOL! That's funny... Nothing better than giving the two-leggers something to think about. Not everyone is lucky enough to get to enjoy the fun of doggie bloggie land.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge